Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Bible verse of the day

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Think Pink

Wow where has this year gone? Here it is... Christmas time already. My kids are growing up so fast. Tim is almost 2 and Lex will be a year in Feb.
She is getting so big.
She is also developing quite the personality. She has a shirt that has the phrase "Drama Queen" on it. I always tell people that phrase suits her. LOL.
She likes the attention. (Of course being the ONLY girl in a church nursery full of boys does not help either.... EVERYONE wants to cuddle the little girl).
She is a cutie, that is for sure. I think she must have that girlie instinct... You know what I am talking about. Like when a girl looks her best she can get away with anything. (LOL!) If you have a cookie and she wants it... She will just smile, and take it right from you. Most of the time people do not even know she is doing this. She is a clever one.
Her favorite things to do at the moment are to both torment and bond with her brother. It's quite funny as she tends to do both at the same time. She has to do what ever he is doing. He loves that, until she gets in his way. Then he seems to get somewhat annoyed. But she tries so hard to be BIG. I gotta give her lots of credit for that.
Her new personality trait is throwing major fits when things do not go her way. I have to bite my tongue not to laugh. She will be 5 feet from me, and instead of crawling to me, she rolls on her back, kicking her legs and flailing her arms like some octopus that has been stranded on dry land. To add to the octopus look she manages to get her round face all bunched up and she turns a kind of purplie, red color. It really is funny to watch.
She will do this for a few minutes... Then she is fine. Go figure.
Anyway, she is trying VERY hard to walk. I am still not looking forward to her being fully mobile, but I know the time is coming.
It's amazing how far they come in such a short time. Sometimes I am glad, and other times I want her to remain little forever... So I can capture that innocence, that something that makes babies so huggable and cuddly.
I love it when she snuggles up with me... I can smell her baby scent, and she is still so tiny, and so warm... I know someday I will look back and cherish those times. (oh wait... I already do.)

2 comments:

Mike said...

"Then he seems to get somewhat annoyed. But she tries so hard to be BIG. I gotta give her lots of credit for that."

NO! NO! NO! She is going to have plenty of time to be big. Let's just keep her little for a while.

-Mike

Anonymous said...

hey whats up? i miss u all so much! when ru going to be at grandmas again? love your niece,
jessica.