Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Bible verse of the day

Monday, February 02, 2009

Where's the shotgun!

Well apparently my almost 4 year old daughter decided that she was going to date this past Friday. No only that, after just one date, they decided they wanted to get married (on Saturday). Wait... there's more. Apparently they also decided they were ready to be parents and they had a baby girl (also on Saturday). All within a 24 hour period. (In all honesty my daughter has had a "thing" for her friend Jacob for over a year now, so I guess I should not be surprised.)
It was so funny Mike and I attended a conference this weekend, so since we were carpooling we all used the same sitter. Our kids are all best buds anyway so it was no big deal. When we came back after the Saturday session and the sitter was telling us all this we were practically rolling on the floor laughing. Apparently they walked down the isle (sidewalk) and had the sitter help them say their vows. The baby was a plastic (naked) baby from the nursery. It was really cute. But for me at least it begged the question... "Where did they get the idea to do that?" I mean we have talked about marriage, and how mommy and daddy are married or when anniversaries come up we explain how a couple is married. But I am not really sure we ever went into the details of a wedding... although my kids have been to a couple of weddings, I thought they were to young to pay attention to what was going on... I guess not! It just goes to show children pay attention to more things than we think. So now where's that shotgun...

I just thought this was to cute to not pass on. Hope you got as much of a kick out of it as we did! Happy Monday!

No comments: