Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Bible verse of the day

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Officially a soccer mom

Well this passed weekend I officially became a soccer mom.
I always figured that someday I would be one of those sports moms who drive a (cool) mini-van and bring the best snacks to the games, and all of my kids friends just think I am the coolest/prettiest mom ever. (That must have been some dream.) I guess I just never figured it would happen when Tim was 2!
It was, however, so much fun to see all these little kids out there in their new bright blue tee shirts, trying really hard to kick the ball, and running with all their might, parents chasing them, trying really hard to not snicker when their kids missed the ball or decided to just run the other direction. (I say that because Tim did manage to do both of those things and it was hard for Mike and I to not laugh out loud.)
I was surprised at how many 2 year olds were out there. Come to find out we are not the only parents looking to focus our toddlers energy into something positive. It was nice to know were normal (ok I realize that the term normal is a relative issue... Since "normal" for us is not "normal" for everyone... But come on give me a break here).
Anyway Tim had a blast. He loves to kick the ball. So that part of it was no problem. He is just not used to things being so organized. I, also did not realize that parental involvement, meant so much work. I think Mike and I got as much of a work out as Tim. Tim did get a little grumpy towards the end as he was getting tired. But over all the experience was a positive one.
I am looking forward to the next 5 weeks. (I say that now, but I'll have to let you know at the end of the 6 weeks how things go! LOL)
Anyway, not much else going on this week, but I am sure we can find some cute antidote from the kids to post later on in the week.
Take care!!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Since "normal" for us is not "normal" for everyone... But come on give me a break here).

Um, if something is "normal" then, by definition it is "normal" for everyone.

Oh well!

I will say this, I had a lot of fun chasing Tim. He thought it was the coolest thing to "take" the ball from me and run...and run...and run...about halfway across the field until finally he kicked it and said, "Goooooooaaaalllll!!!! Yaaaayyyy Timmy!!!"

rustypth said...

AWESOME! I remember playing soccer as a kid. It was fuuun.

So dad - you gonna be practicing with Timmy now? =)

Mike said...

Rusty,

You bet! As soon as we can get him a soccer ball, we will be out and about, kicking it like Pele!