Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Bible verse of the day

Thursday, August 25, 2005

The experience of being a Porter...

The experience of being a Porter is, well... To be honest, it's exhausting.
Both my children are going through this "clingy-I-only-want-mommy" and "if-mommy-leaves-the-room-I'm-gonna-cry" phase. My children are a joy and a blessing... But I gotta have some me time.
So I am enjoying my time back here cooped up in my craft room, all by myself. I am on this quilling kick (see my craft web site for more info on that) and I have been back here doing my thing, on the computer just surfing. It's nice to be able to do all that and not have a toddler in your lap who feels it necessary to touch everything in site, and who likes to "type" IM's to daddy at work. Lexa is almost as bad... She is in the grabby stage, so anything with in her reach now, she has to have it, and once she gets it, she puts in her mouth.
Proof of this came this morning. I took my car to get the oil changed, and they had complimentary donuts, so I took one, thinking I would share with Tim. Guess Lex had other ideas... She grabbed for that doughnut so fast it took me a second to realize what she had done. In that second she put that piece in her mouth and then proceeded to look at me with that, proud "look, what I did mommy" look. It was so funny, I had to laugh, and the gal at the desk (who had seen the whole thing) laughed too.
Anyway... Thought I'd share... Enjoy!

No comments: