Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Bible verse of the day

Monday, August 29, 2005

Good traditions. Great rewards.

Being a Dad is quite a responsibility, but there are some great rewards.

Recently, I have been reading The Chronicles of Narnia series to my son just before he goes to bed. It started off, initially, as a means to get him to wind down as well as give Mom a chance to relax for a few minutes as well. It has become one of the things I look forward to in my day. Timmy seems to enjoy it as well. The other night after Shannon set Alexa to bed I sat down in the traditional place I do to read to him unaware that I had done so. Without missing a beat, Timmy went to the bookshelf and pulled down The Magician's Nephew and brought it over to me to read to him. Ready or not, Dad, it was time!

Now, I think, he looks forward to those times. Even though he still plays with his "fir cuk" (which, being interpreted is "Fire Truck") and gives a hearty "Whoo Whooo!" he still sits right next to me while I read to him. In fact, sometimes he grabs his own books and tries to read aloud to me while I am reading to him.

Well, he is only a year and a half. But I think we have great fun with our time. When she gets a little older, we will include Alexa to "Storytime with Dad."

Good traditions start somewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked your "tradtion" comment concerning the time you spend reading to Timmy. Keep up the great job as a dad!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops! Spelling error - should be "tradition"