Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Bible verse of the day

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Getting blogged down...

My dutiful and lovely wife kindly mentioned that I had not blogged here in a while. Part of the reason for this is that I have been guest contributing to another blogsite: www.aomin.org. It is not enough to keep me from blogging here, but I have been preparing another blog article. Unlike some people who seem to have the knack for writing outstanding blog articles with great substance, I have to work a bit more at it.

Maybe I should have my son take over blogging for me here on this site. I mean, who wouldn't want to here how there is no moon in the sky? We had a new moon the other night and he was perplexed that he could not find it when my brother took him out to see it. "No moon?" was his puzzled and dissapointed question. When by brother explained that it went "bye-bye" he looked up and waved bye to it.

The other day I had one of the greatest reactions from him I had ever seen. At my work I received a gift football that is made of that rubbery-gel type material (Are you gellin'?) that is see-through to a point. In the center there is a flashing light of red, yellow, blue and white.

My son met me at the door and was all excited to show me his blue triangle and green circle. After a bit of time passed to let him show me his toys I presented the football to him. He looked at it with a big smile. Then I turned on the lights and this look of absolute wonder filled his face as he suddenly forgot that he had to objects in his hands, dropped them in a heartbeat and said, "Whoooo!" and took it from my hands.

My daughter was less impressed as it simply served as a means for her to slobber on yet another of Timmy's toys.

As Shannon has indicated, Alexa is now a crawling dynamo and, at least for the time, Tim could not be happier that she follows him around watching his every move. He loves her as an audience. Whatever brother does she tries or just laughs.

We believe that she is saying words now. It came on us so suddenly that we did not even notice that she had been saying them. It is almost as though she went from incoherent babble to saying a few words with no time in between for us to hear any development. One day she said "Mom!" as clear as day. We thought that it was just a mimic of Tim's cries but then she said "Dad" while looking at me when Shannon was not in the room. She was crying and wanted to be comforted. As soon as Mom walked in the room, however, she started crying "Mom!" And now she seems to be able to say "bye." She can have Oprah's job. Tell me who wouldn't rather have her? Ok, besides Oprah.

Hmmm....Tim taking over Larry King's show and Alexa taking over Oprah. Mom and dad are going to be living easy.

No comments: