Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Bible verse of the day

Monday, October 17, 2005

Stuff



Ok Ok, so I got on to my hubby about blogging and here it is 9 days later and I have not even managed to get a post up.
Things are well here, just busy. Or at least I think it's been busy. It seems like we are on the go all the time, but yet nothing ever seems to really get accomplished. Hmmmm, I think that has a lot to do with being a stay at home mom with 2 (mobile) kids under the age of 2. Then again, it could just be me.
With the holidays right around the corner it seems everything is moving so fast. Halloween is not to far off, then there is Thanksgiving and Christmas right after that, followed by the New year. Oh, it does not end there in our family, for in Feb., we now have 2 birthdays to celebrate.
Yes, in just a few months Alexa will be 1 year and Tim will be 2 years old. It's very strange to think about that. We tried so long to have kids and to now have 2 a year apart, it's pretty amazing. They are growing up so fast.
Anyway, I digress.
I am actually looking forward to the holidays. I mean, Holidays are always fun. There are costumes at Halloween, Turkey and lots of family at Thanksgiving, and opening gifts at Christmas have always been fun. Now those things are enhanced. Mike and I get to go back to being kids again. We have our own kids. We can relive all those things with them. They are still to little to care to much about dressing up, and at Christmas the boxes will likely enthrall them as much as the presents themselves. But just watching them and all the amazement in their expectant faces... It's a wonderful thing.
So this holiday season, take a moment to watch a child, really pay special attention... You may just find out what the holidays are really about.



No comments: