Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Bible verse of the day

Friday, August 29, 2008

Making History

I usually don't post my political views here... but I am making an exception today!
I am so excited about the upcoming political election... especially with the addition of Sarah Palin to the GOP ticket. I first heard of her on one of the mommy blogs I frequent, and I was enthralled by her staunch pro-life stance and her committed work ethic. (She was back at work in the Alaska Governor's office just 3 days after having a baby... one with Down's Syndrome no less!) She is truly an amazing woman.
I have looked at the work she has done for the state of Alaska, and am impressed. She has stood up against some powerful people. I feel she is a great addition to the Vice Presidency. I think we will be hearing a lot from her in the up coming election, as well as for many years to come! Congratulations to our Presidential nominee John McCain for making a very smart choice for a running mate!
Also making history this week for the Democrats was the nomination of the the first African American man as the Democratic Presidential nominee. I may not agree with all of Senator Obama's views, but that is still a HUGE deal. Not to mention Hillary Clinton breaking the glass ceiling for women all over the world. I think Palin's appointment to vice president just put a few more cracks there as well. I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful time in American history... this election will prove to be a truly historical moment... and I am proud to be a part of it!

No comments: