Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Bible verse of the day

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Big Shoes to fill

My son is so funny. He seems to learn something new everyday. This week he learned how to strip out of all his clothes and streak through the house naked as a jay bird. This is especially fun considering it is winter. Granted, Arizona does not get that cold, but still.
He has also learned how to put things on... Like his shoes.
The other day I came into the kitchen and found him putting on daddy's shoes. It was so cute.
I was at that point, reminded of how much of a responsibility we have as parents. I have heard the phrase "he sure has some big shoes to fill" a thousand times. It never really sunk in what that meant until that moment. My son will forever stand in the shadow of his father.
Mike is a great man. I can only hope that our son will grow up to be a lot like him. I can already see a lot of Mike's traits in Tim. The same determination to have things done a certain way. The ability to debate anything (although we can still only understand about half of what Tim says, the fact that he talks when he is in trouble leads us to the conclusion that he is arguing his case). He also has Mike's sensitivity and loyalty to people. Another trait they both seem to share is a certain stubbornness, one born of intelligence and a certain flair for all things obvious.
I pray each day that my son is happy and healthy, and that he grows up to be a great man... If he is anything like his father... He will be.

No comments: