Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Bible verse of the day

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Feeding the Animals


Our son seems to think that the animals (ie, the birds and insects) around our house need to be fed.
He also seems to think that birds and insects like people food such as macaroni and cheese and animal cookies. LOL
With the weather being so nice I had the gate up in front of our back door to keep the kids from getting in the back yard. I was cleaning up from lunch, and I thought Tim was watching TV. Well, the next thing I know, I see him throwing something in the back yard. I almost laughed out loud when I saw that he had been picking up the food that had been on the floor, and was throwing it in the back. When I asked him what he was doing he tweeted like a bird, and pointed to the tree. I then asked him if he was feeding the birds. He said yes while (simultaneously) grabbing a bag of animal cookies off the table (before I could grab them) and dumped the whole bag out the door. He was so proud of himself... He really wanted to feed the "animals".
It took all I had to not laugh. He did get in trouble, but I let him off easy with a quick swat to the rear and a warning to not throw food outside.
As soon as he went down for a nap I cleaned it up... Chuckling the whole time. I told Mike... If we have ants we know who to blame.
I needed that moment. That moment to chuckle and reflect that Tim is still little in so many ways. To see his innocence. All he wanted to do was feed the birds.
I tend to forget that he is still little. He is growing up so fast. I get so busy with Lex, and other things sometimes, that I take his toddlerness for granted. It was good for me to reflect on that.
Anyway, just another day in the life of the Porter's.
But, I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: