Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Bible verse of the day

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Lioness, the Shoe, and the Earlobe...

The first animal that we can recall from Timothy was his "mooooooo" of a cow. since then he has added quite an impressive animal language replete with his various dialects (which depends on his level of excitement at the time).

I have mentioned the challenge and joy of reading a series of stories where the main character (oh, how I must resist calling him the mane character) is a Lion. Tim has developed an impressive roar, worthy of the cub of Aslan, were such a thing to exist. If you think that it cannot get any more cute, I must warn you to have your "Cuteness Stablizer" in hand for it is about to go off the scale.

My son and I were having a mighty roaring fight as to who could roar the best (ok, so the competition was in my mind only). After a few volleys, we both took a break. Out of nowhere I heard this tiny, cutesy little "rawr" from I don't know where...until I looked down and saw my little lioness cub, Alexa, who had been ever so diligently watching her brother and daddy playing. Her little "intrusion" was to say, "I wanna play!"

But, there was no mighty roar, no great thrust from her diaphragm, but that little, tiny, "rawr" was the biggest one of them all.

My son has determined that it is his lot in life to go with only one shoe of his on. Unlike the times when he decides to wear mine (see below) he enjoys tormenting daddy by waiting 10 seconds when he is in his car seat to take his shoe off. His left shoe...it is always his left shoe. The next iteration of shoewear must be secured by rivets.

I am going to start convincing myself that he is practicing to be a placement kicker and is taking his shoe off for style and control. Thinking that he will be making multimillions and buying Dad his extravagant house with his envied library will help me to endure...I keep telling myself.

Mom is suddenly being bombarded by the interest in all the bling bling in her ears by Alexa. Those poor earlobes are just recovering from when Timothy when through that stage.

Personally, I think that clipons should be the rule when around babies, but, then, since I don't where them my opinion means little there.

Timothy, master of the artful dodger craft, has apparently "lost" several of mom's necklaces and other jewelry. My son, that placement kicker deal needs to go through because, pal, when you start messing with mom's jewelry...well, a word of advice, my son, mighty civilizations have fallen for less.

No comments: