Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Bible verse of the day

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Static Cling


Have you ever had static cling?
You know like when clothes come out of a dryer with no Bounce sheet, and the sock that perpetually sticks to every other piece of clothing. Especially the clothes you are wearing.
That is how I feel right now about my kids.
I love my kids don't get me wrong. But I am so ready for a break.
The holidays were fun, but busy, and now that we are into the new year, we are already experiencing sickness in our house. So things have been a little clingy these days.
I took Tim to the park today, and left Lex with Mike. He told me when she got up from her nap, she crawled around the house long enough to realize I was not there... And then she became almost despondent. As soon as I walked in the door and she heard my voice, I heard her start crying.
We have a game we play in our house... It's called "Let's count the seconds till Lex stops crying after mom picks her up." Her average is 3 seconds to stop. (sigh) And it's not like I spoil her. There are lots of times I let her cry it out.
Tim is getting better. He is, at least to some degree, able to let me out of site for awhile. But then he has his static cling moments too. Usually those seem to coincide with me holding Lex or doing something equally as important.
I really do love my kids.
But I need a break (sigh)

No comments: